Friday, April 1, 2011

My marriage muscle

Ok well I would like to applaud myself for not publishing something like this sooner. But I am a newborn blogger. But someone put it to me so clearly...A divorce is the ripping and tearing away from someone, both physically and spiritually. Somewhat like when you pull a muscle....Which I oughta note that I have never done that...Anywho, when you pull a muscle, WebMD describes it as damage that can be in the form of tearing (part or all) of the muscle fibers and the tendons attached to the muscle. The tearing of the muscle can also damage small blood vessels, causing local bleeding (bruising) and pain (caused by irritation of the nerve endings in the area).

Well, I guess you could say the pain from my "muscle injury" is few and far between. God is so good and has healed me in such an awesome way. For that, I am grateful like none other! But from time to time, it still hurts.

The damage to the muscle includes bruising (CHECK) and pain, (CHECK) caused by irritation of the nerve endings (CHECK). I don't really know what that last part means, but it makes sense sort of....

You might be experiencing some of the following symptoms if you have a torn "muscle"
  • Swelling, bruising or redness, or open cuts as a consequence of the injury
  • Pain at rest (Usually at night)
  • Pain when the specific muscle or the joint in relation to that muscle is used (When you try to share your "muscle" with anyone new)
  • Weakness of the muscle or tendons (Enough said)
  • Inability to use the muscle at all (TERRIFYING)
The good news is the pain is temporary and eventually goes away. The bruises will fade away; there will be little evidence that your "muscle" was ever injured. God gave us the "muscle" to share with others. It is hard to look into the future without being reminded of your past injuries. It’s in moments of remembrance that bring back the memory of the pain we once felt. I honestly think once you tear a "muscle" the pain will always be lurking. When a song comes on, or a movie comes out, or a cologne is sprayed, or a name is mentioned. There are impromptu moments of availability for the pain to come in and remind you that your "muscle" will never quite be the same again.