Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TO DO Lists

If you are anything like me, your days and weeks are dominated by TO DO lists.  Also, if you are anything like me, it is typically at the end of the day, in the shower when you realize you have forgotten multiple tasks on the TO DO list. I usually roll over items, tasks, things to the next day’s list, and repeat the vicious cycle. I thought I would create a TO DO list entry about all of the things I have forgotten (this week, thus far), put off, or just plain stopped caring about on my special little TO DO list.
1.       Get milk – It’s when I decide to have cereal for dinner (after the kids are in bed) that I remember, CRAP I forgot to stop and get milk.
2.       Buy new loofah  - My loofah’s lifespan is usually between 1-2 days weeks. Again, I only remember this when I am in the shower and pieces of my loofah are falling at my feet and the plastic part connected to the string is cutting my skin. Then I’m all like, Yeah I am totally buying a new one tomorrow. I will not shower again until I get a new loofah. Repeat the following night.
3.       Hang that picture – Ya know that one picture or wall decoration that has been leaning against the wall for months and has now taken up permanent residency on your dining room floor.
4.       Get gas – I always intend to stop and get gas before I get the kids and each day the heat comes as a total surprise to me. As if I forgot that the forecast was 105 (same as the day before) and I promise myself to wake up a tad early the next day and do it before the hellish heat begins. Repeat until gas light comes on.
5.       Round up Sippy cups from daycare – I round up Sippy cups, blankies, and other childcare facility paraphernalia  weekly and every morning, every afternoon, I walk in, I walk out without those dag-gum cups! Then I see on the daily report sheet in bubbly handwriting – PLEASE CLEAN OUT YOUR KIDDOS’ CUBBY! J  A.KA. – TAKE ALL THESE FRIGGIN CUPS HOME BEFORE WE DONATE THEM TO CHARIT LADYY!!  FOR PETE’S SAKE WE’RE NOT YOUR DISHWASHER OR YOUR KITCHEN CABINET!
6.       Clean the microwave – Like, for real clean. Each time I pop it open I think, Ewe this looks like a frat house microwave. All I use it for is Easy Mac, what the heck is that?  I shut the door, add it to the list and move on with good intentions.
7.       Get toilet paper – We go through toilet paper FAST. No idea how or why. Logan is not potty trained and I still have to explain the importance of wiping to Kylee. But I didn’t poop is not a justifiable reason NOT to wipe every single time KYLEE!  It’s when I find myself using baby wipes that I realize, crap (no pun intended), gotta get TP.
8.       Take _____ to the cleaners.   – There is always a reason to go to the cleaners however it typically falls right off the list, along with everything else.
9.       Vacuum the car – I wonder if any parents actually have a strict NO EATING IN THE CAR rule that is successful? Logan gets a bag of cereal every morning and drops approximately 35-75 cheerios into the small nooks and crannies of his car seat and the floor. Kylee comes home every day with roughly 5-7 pages of crap. Of course each page is special so we must keep it. It isn’t special enough for her to carry it while my hands are full of Logan and the milk I finally remembered to pick up, but it IS special enough to leave in the floorboard  of my car. I usually add this task to my list on a non-custodial night so when they return to me, Kylee has forgotten all about her special page-O-vowels.
10.   Clean out the kids’ dresser – Puh-lease
11.   Go by Target (without the kids) and get birthday gifts and baby shower gifts for Saturday – Typically, each weekend there is at least one birthday party to attend. This weekend we have 1 baby shower and 2 birthday parties = 3 gifts/1 trip to Target… At some point…
12. Take the box of Capri suns that have been in my back seat for 2 weeks inside!
13.   Get wine – NO EXCUSES
This is just this week’s for me…. Not too shabby. I am not complaining at all. I think a busy body is a healthy body. I guess, I don’t know, I don’t remember. My point is, we all have a running TO DO list in our heads, and sometimes it actually makes its way to paper and eventually (gasp) gets completed!!! 
The last couple of weeks have been jam packed with stuff and that is why I need my TO DO list….Which I have misplaced…Gotta go!