Monday, October 10, 2011

Logan is officially TWO!

Logan is TWO… its official, he is leaving babyland and entering toddlerhood. I’m not sure where all the time goes… My guess it’s the same place that the socks disappear at in the dryer. Kylee spent the night with her aunt on Friday which allowed some quiet 1-on-1 time with my son. This happens very rarely, but when it does, I indulge in it. I dive into it head first. Logan overall has a very fun and care free demeanor, but when he is flying solo, he comes out of his shell in the most playful way. It makes my heart do things I’m sure most people never get to experience in a lifetime. I have endured a lot of unexpected twists and turns in my life, but my kids are by far the best outcome of it all.
So we played together, we jibber-jabbered and wrapped the evening up with a movie…That he actually sat thru and watched with me. Sitting right next to me, like a little man, even holding onto a few of my fingers. I spoke out loud to God how very thankful I was for that moment and I know I will never forget the smell of his hair, the touch of his hand, or the feeling I felt inside. I looked at his green eyes fixated on the TV I wondered about the type of man he would become. What lives he will touch, the type of boyfriend he will be, the career path he will take, the kind of brother he will be and already is, all these thoughts filled my mind and I couldn’t hold back my tears. I was completely overwhelmed with pure love and delight. I would not have traded that night, for a thing in the world. Literally.
With any divorce with kids involved comes an overpowering sense of guilt and fear of totally screwing up your kids, for good… This picture was taken Saturday at Logan’s party… This picture alone completely disproves that theory. If happiness had a picture, this is what it would be.

Happy Birthday Logan, my sweet son! I LOVE YOU!