Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Life

Life................

I’ve been thinking about life a lot lately. (wow that’s a mouth full) (That’s what she said) OK I’m getting off track.

I’m so thankful for music. I have heard so many songs that relate directly to my current life, stuff. And it’s comforting. Maybe that’s how music has always been except now I am actually listening to it. I think Adele has a spy camera in my purse and The Civil Wars has been reading my diary. It’s frightening how perfectly the lyrics mirror my emotions and thoughts. One Republic has a song called Good Life and it’s so simple, yet extremely 
eye opening for me. The course is: 

                  Oh this has gotta be the good life 
                                                          This has gotta be the good life  
                                                          This could really be a good life, good life

As simple as it sounds, I can’t say that I have been approaching life as a gift that I can mold into anything I decide I want it to be. This could really be a good, good life. This optimistic statement is both exciting and scary to me at the same time. Exciting because each new day holds new possibilities and opportunities. Scary, because each new day might not have anything new worth keeping.

I’m guilty of making choices and decisions (big and small) for myself that make almost everyone around me comfortable and happy, all the while neglecting ME in the process. 

Life is an ongoing lesson with ever changing classrooms and rotating teachers. We pull things that we need from certain people at certain times in our lives. Some of those people are like permanent markers and their marks never leave us. Some are pens whose marks are easily washed away. Then there are the pencils who try really hard to leave a mark on your life, but rarely show up and are effortlessly erased.

Life excites me, now. I want to live my life, not just survive it. I want to meet people who bring enrichment to my existence. I want to strengthen the relationships that already do, I want to remove those who don’t.
I haven’t quite graduated from the school of Life yet but I am learning a lot of things along the way. I am hopeful I will continue to learn a lot more. 

For those keeping track, let’s review:

I’ve learned that you can make plans for your life, but you can’t prepare for the unplanned.

I’ve learned that pain isn’t as painful when you don’t resist it.

I’ve learned that time flies and moments turn into memories. So relish in the moments and cherish the memories

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. 

I've learned that whenever I decide something with a pure heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with catcher's mitts on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

I’ve learned that it’s easy to make good friends when you surround yourself with good people.

I’ve learned that a hot bath and glass of wine can either be really relaxing or really depressing…(Depending on your hormonal state of mind.)

I’ve learned that love is nothing like a romantic comedy.

I’ve learned that guys aren’t lining up like my dad said they would, and that’s okay.

I’ve learned that being alone and being lonely are not the same thing.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel

I’ve learned that my happiness cannot be created by trying to create other people's happiness for them.

I’ve learned that it’s okay to be selfish sometimes.

I’ve learned it’s impossible to please everyone

I’ve learned that it’s okay to make the first step towards something you want.

I’ve learned about risk.

I’ve learned about reward.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.