Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Glimpses


I love starting new posts like this. Another great weekend filled with people I sincerely love and like being around. The people who add substance, significance and pure joy to my life. I like to submerge myself with these people because I can actually feel the happiness inside growing from a once trampled on weed to a beautiful hibiscus of some sort. I’m not sure I’ve ever used the word hibiscus before or if I’m using it correctly but I feel like that paints a good picture for yall.

The kids and I went to dinner with my Ex-Mother-In-Law Friday night. She and I once had a very good relationship and I think we both caught a glimpse of that at dinner. I saw something on Pinterest that said May the bridges I burn light the way. I think we both are guilty of dropping the match on our bridges in the past, but I am thankful that those bridges are now lighting the way into a new relationship.
Any Saturday that the kids sleep past 6am, I know is going to be a good day. The kids slept until 8am!!! It’s like I’m able to cash in all those Saturday mornings at 6am for one Saturday each quarter to sleep until 8am. It was well deserved. A bunch of us (the boy and his son included) were going to spend the day at Eagle Mountain Lake. We took a hike with all the kids, we played bad mitten, the kids rode their scooters, we joked, we laughed, we lived.

That is what life is for me now. Making memories with people I love.

After the lake we went back to The Boy’s house with his son for dinner and much needed rest. We put a movie on for the kids and insisted they gave their little bodies a break. Later that evening, we sat in his driveway with front row seats to our future as we watched the kids ride their scooters , throwing the ball around and laughing. I caught a glimpse of our forever from the tailgate of his truck. I knew nothing would make me happier than shewing the mayflies away as we watched our kids playing together, teaching Logan to catch, listening to country music from the garage, or how boy looked over at me and grinned.

Sunday we slept in again, but still made it to the early service at church… I guess sleeping in is all relative depending on who you ask… We finished our day by the pool with friends laughing and joking and getting a good dose of vitamin D.

I looked around at the relationships I have and how sturdy they all are. How confident I am that each person in my life not only loves me, but supports me and encourages me daily. And how I am able to touch them and reciprocate the same value to their lives. God really did turn something terrible into something amazing.

Hard days will come, of course….. But with good friends, good family and a good Boy, I finally have a glimpse of what God meant when he said For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

Thanks God.