Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Venti Cup of Crazy


The TO DO list to prepare for Kylee’s first day of school seems to be recycling its way through my purse. I check 1 thing off and add 2 more. I complete the list and throw it away and receive an email with reminders that create a new list all together. I dare to say I’m completely ready for Monday, but I think I really am.

Kylee and I packed her back pack last night with her list of supplies. We will meet the teacher tomorrow night. She’s excited. And I’m excited with a dash of hesitant nervousness and bitter sweet sadness. It’s one of those milestones that you think is a lifetime away when you’re sitting in bed at 3am nursing a little baby who hasn’t developed the skills to talk back or have an opinion on the pizza toppings yet. But the “lifetime” has passed and Kindergarten is knocking on the door. At the same time Logan is transforming right before my eyes at a pace I’m not comfortable with. I’m certain an emotional meltdown will transpire when I have to walk my last child to Kindergarten. Let’s not discuss it.

Moving on…

I recently went to a birthday party at a place called Painting with a Twist and had a great time. It’s a class you pay to take and BYOB (NOT Bring Your Own Baby) and see how talented you can be under the influence of alcohol. I opted not to drink because I wanted to get my $35 worth and have a painting I would actually hang up in my house. I surprised the crap out of myself when I produced something that didn’t look like it came out of the reject pile from my 3rd grade art class.  


                                                              (See? Not too shabby!)

So after I drank a venti cup of crazy this morning, I fashioned either a very good idea or a very foolish idea. I’m planning another trip to Painting with a Twist and the guest list is quite diverse.

Guest List:
My mother - Nuff said
My Sister – Loud and opinionated and with wine even louder and more opinionated.
My Ex-MIL – We have a good relationship and communicate often however we never communicate under the influence…..
My future MIL – Super sweet
3 Ex Sister in laws – My relationship to these girls have been up and down over the past 2 years but currently steady and peaceful.
My friend Julie – Oh lawd you’ve never met anyone more confrontational in your life. But in a funny, I can’t believe she said that kinda way!

I’m contemplating inviting the girlfriend as well. She and I communicate almost daily via text. The most intimate form of communication these days. She respects me and my choices, the kids like her and from what I know about her, she’s a good mom too. I figure, why not.  

Why not experiment and put 10 grown women in the same room with wine and paint and see what happens?

If nothing else, some good Kodak moments are sure to follow. Stay tuned!